You should send a letter of complaint to the manager of your health fund if you are not happy. You have a right to expect the dentist of your choice will provide the service you need and you will receive the same rebate as other policyholders without discrimination. There are funds which do not have preferred provider contracts. Talk to your dentist about transferring your membership at no penalty to you. Further obligation free advice on health funds is available at on the ADA web site